Tulum & Sian Kaan Biosphere
With pristine white sand and blue sparkling waters, Tulum remains one of the last undeveloped areas of Mexico’s Caribbean coastline and is at that point where it is still a sleepy town with a chilling out atmosphere and a 360 degree views.
Located just a 45 minute drive south of Playa del Carmen, Tulum is the third most visited archeological site in Mexico and has the unique and stunning characteristic of jungle adjacent to the water.
In its surroundings, the “eco-touristic” village unveils beautiful beaches, coastal lagoons, cenotes and the biosphere reserve of Sian Ka’an. Once you have been there, you really want to be part of the story by owning a piece of paradise.
The municipality has just over 30 thousand inhabitants and has a population growth similar to Playa del Carmen, 12% a year, according to figures from the State Population. The “Mexican Census Bureau” projects that Tulum will have over 280,000 seasonal residents by 2025.
If you are interested in real-estate investments, you should consider taking advantage of Tulum’s affordability before the new airport increases international accessibility and awareness.
The design of the village’s infrastructure, the urban development plan (PDU) and the current style of the properties show a new construction wave and RTC is proud to be part of it.
There is tremendous opportunity for profit in undeveloped real estate. Purchasing pre-developed properties and selling when development has reached mature stages can result in margins exceeding from far, what developed markets can offers. You would be hard-pressed to find that type of return on your investment anywhere, in any industry.
The real estate market in Tulum has experienced significant growth and popularity in recent years. Known for its stunning beaches, eco-friendly mindset, and bohemian atmosphere, Tulum has become a sought-after destination for tourists and real estate investors. Here’s an overview of the real estate market in Tulum:
- Increasing Demand: Tulum has seen a surge in demand for real estate properties, driven by its unique appeal and growing popularity. The area attracts a diverse range of visitors, including eco-conscious travelers, digital nomads, and luxury-seeking tourists. The increasing demand has created a thriving real estate market with various investment opportunities.
- Beachfront Properties and Eco-Chic Developments: Tulum’s real estate market is characterized by its beachfront properties and eco-chic developments. Many investors are drawn to the opportunity to own or develop properties that blend harmoniously with the natural surroundings. From luxury villas to boutique hotels and eco-friendly condominiums, Tulum offers a range of options for those interested in investing in beachfront or nature-oriented properties.
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Focus: Tulum is known for its commitment to sustainability and eco-conscious practices. The real estate market reflects this mindset, with a growing number of developers incorporating sustainable design principles, using eco-friendly materials, and implementing energy-efficient systems. This focus on sustainability adds value to properties and attracts buyers who prioritize environmental consciousness.
- Tourism and Vacation Rentals: Tulum’s popularity as a tourist destination has led to a strong vacation rental market. Many investors purchase properties with the intention of renting them out to tourists on platforms like Airbnb. The combination of beautiful beaches, cultural attractions, and proximity to natural wonders like cenotes and the Tulum Ruins makes Tulum an appealing choice for vacation rentals, which can provide a steady income stream for property owners.
- Infrastructure and Development: Tulum has experienced significant infrastructure and development improvements in recent years to accommodate its growing population and tourism industry. New roads, utility services, and amenities have been developed to support the expanding real estate market. However, it’s important to note that the pace of development has raised concerns about sustainability and preserving the area’s natural beauty.
- Land Appreciation: Tulum has seen substantial land appreciation in recent years, with property values increasing significantly. The limited availability of beachfront land and the growing demand for properties in the area have contributed to this trend. Real estate investors who purchased properties in Tulum several years ago have seen substantial returns on their investments.
There are several different areas within Tulum that offer investment opportunities. Here are some of the main areas to consider when looking to invest in Tulum:
- Tulum Beach: The Tulum Beach area, also known as the Hotel Zone, is the most sought-after area for real estate investment in Tulum. It stretches along the coast and offers stunning beachfront properties and boutique hotels. Investing in this area provides direct access to the beautiful beaches, turquoise waters, and the vibrant beach club scene. Tulum Beach is known for its eco-chic developments and luxury accommodations, making it an attractive choice for investors looking for high-end properties.
- Aldea Zama: Aldea Zama is a master-planned community located between Tulum town and the beach. It offers a mix of residential and commercial properties, including condominiums, houses, and commercial spaces. Aldea Zama is known for its infrastructure, paved roads, and amenities such as bike paths, parks, and shopping areas. It provides a more residential-focused investment option with opportunities for long-term rentals or vacation homes.
- Tulum Town: Tulum Town, also referred to as Tulum Pueblo, is the commercial and cultural center of Tulum. This area offers a vibrant atmosphere, with a mix of local shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Investing in Tulum Town provides opportunities for commercial properties, such as restaurants, boutique shops, or vacation rentals catering to the local community and budget-conscious travelers. The area is known for its bohemian charm and attracts a diverse crowd of visitors.
- Region 15 and Region 9: These areas are located inland, away from the beach, and offer more affordable real estate options compared to Tulum Beach. Region 15 is a developing neighborhood with residential properties, including houses and land plots, while Region 9 is known for its eco-friendly communities and sustainable living concepts. Investing in these areas can provide opportunities for residential properties or developments that cater to the growing demand for sustainable and affordable housing options.